Sunday, September 5, 2010

NEW FPV Ground Station!

This is my new, improved, FPV ground station! I got so tired of dragging everything outside and assembling everything every time I wanted to fly FPV (first person view). I thought there must be a simpler way. There is! Now all I have to do is pop up my mini folding table, pop off the lid, and plug it in. For short flights I don't even have to plug it in... I built in a battery backup.

I spent a good bit of time trying to find the right pieces. In the end I was very happy with how it turned out. The first assembly was built with with Gorilla Tape. It worked well until I had it in the sun for more than an hour. So now everything is held together with an aluminum frame. I mounted the patch antenna behind the monitor facing up about 45 degrees. It seems to work really well. I like to record all of my FPV flights just in case anything goes wrong.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, your setup looks nice, smart solution with that handy and roomy box! :)

    -Christoffer

    ReplyDelete